Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review: The Girls

vlcsnap-2013-07-23-17h41m01s138

I would usually avoid a series with such an obvious title. But I am not regretting picking this up. The series is a fresh take on girls living in New York and experiencing lives as an adventure. I think there is some Gossip Girl and SATC in this but I also saw some hues of Mad Men.

vlcsnap-2013-07-23-17h09m50s42

The series revolves around Hannah and her friends, trying to figure out their lives (aren’t we all?) as they traverse through their 20s. The series generates a lot of introspection and sometimes as you look through the characters’ anxieties, mistakes and misgivings, you oscillate through a sense of belonging and a sense of alienation.

vlcsnap-2013-07-23-18h23m15s106

But the series is more of a montage on living and experiencing. I really liked an episode where Hannah goes to apologize to a stranger for dumping garbage in his trash can and somehow ends up spending two days with him.

Overall, the series is worth watching and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in light watching and slight contemplation.

No comments: